Sunday, September 24, 2006

Dino's, more later...

Tonight (yesterday night, it is a quarter to 6am Sunday morning) there was a lectureship at church about evolution verses creation, and it was awesome. This brother went right into it, and defended the Word fervently. He talked of integrating the evolution theory with creation account of the bible, and laid it out why that was a bad idea. Then, he pointed out all the holes in evolution theory and evidences. Then he explained dinosaurs, and his thinking is mind blowing, but not entirely new. My buddy JohnE had expressed similar thoughts. So this guy, Brad Harrub, starts to show all the anthropological evidences (that’s right, anthropological, NOT Archeological) of dinosaurs on earth. It was fascinating, and much of what was presented, I had never seen before. The guy does have his Ph. D. and seems to be relatively educated (truthfully he is quite bright!). Anyway, I am going to have to go back over the tapes in order to really try to give a good explanation here, but I will. Good stuff!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting. I haven't thought about that stuff for a very long time. I look forward to your info on it.

9:18 PM  
Blogger salguod said...

Have you heard of Answers in Genesis? It sounds like you might enjoy them. They are proponents of a pretty literal interpretation of Genesis. My sister's family are supporters of them and have put forth some interesting stuff about dinos and when they lived as well as alternate theories for fossils and the age of the planet.

Answers in Genesis has, or is building, a Creation Museum in Cincinnati, actually in KY near the Cinci airport. I'm not a big 'young Earth' or literal interpretation of Genesis person. I'm not a huge supporter of Evolution either. Basically, my thinking is I don't know how long it took exactly, or how it happened or how log ago, I just know that God did it. :-)

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home