Sunday, July 08, 2007

I just got tagged by Salguod. He is probably my best e-friend, and one of my closest most trusted friends in life. I trust him more than…say…95% of all Christians I know. His judgement and reasoning skills are superior to mine, and his level head has often kept me from going into parallel universes (figuratively speaking).

Okay, so the challenge is to list 8 things that you, a reader, probably don’t know about me. That’s tough because I’m pretty straight forward, but let’s try…


1.) Well, my freshman year in high school, I was promised a 4 year, full scholarship (in word only) to Arizona State University for band. I had become, as a freshman, one of the top tubists in my region, and I was told nationally, but I think that was just to boost me up. Well, to one of my biggest regrets in my life, I quit band shortly there after. I just wasn’t equipped to be doted on like that, and the pressure got to me…
2.) Also, at that same time, one of my classmates was sneaking blackberry brandy out of his folks house, and coming over in the late afternoons, and we’d walk the back allies of our neighborhood getting mildly drunk. The combination of the two is what really got to me
3.) My senior year in high school, I was turned down by the Denver Institute of Art for admittance. My Portfolio was accepted, but my grades were too low
4.) Also, by this time, I was drinking vodka in big gulps in school, and frequently taking LSD in class. Sadly, it got worse before it got better.
5.) In ’95 or ’96 I met a contact for Disney studios animation dept, and had an opportunity to showcase my portfolio for work. This would have involved moving to Orange County Calif., but at the time we were living in San Diego County (just one county over), but (here is the hard to understand thing unless you were there) I was advised that if I moved up there, I would not be supported by the ministry to “transfer” membership because I wasn’t “spiritual” enough (saying it sounds a bit cultish, I know, and it felt like it too, but if you were in that environment, it made sense). Anyway, that really broke the barrier in my pride, and led me to humbling out enough to get right with my girlfriend at the time, and later that year we got engaged; so it all worked out.
6.) Shortly after my wife gave birth, she fell asleep (in the delivery room) and the nurses were giving us a minute alone. Out of the window you could oversee the Pacific Ocean and San Diego Bay. It was morning so the sun was reflecting silver off of the water. I held my child up in the air towards the sight, and prayed to God, devoting my child to Him, and pledging her raising to His desire and Will.
7.) It has been a secret desire to move to London someday, and live there at least ten years—the thing is though, I’ve never been to London.
8.) Lastly, if every project I have ever started were finished right now, I’d have five or six novels, three or four graphic novels, four TV pilots, four TV reality show proposals, seven or eight comic book scripts, and three or four more books of poetry, all finished. I loose enthusiasm, then gain it back again later, only to loose it again later, and back and forth endlessly.

That’s it. I don’t know if you all know any of those things or not, but to the best of my ability those are the ones I listed. There were five or six more, but they couldn’t be listed without harming others, so, ‘ter ‘tis.

I don’t really know who else to tag, that Salguod didn’t, so I’ll have to get back to you on that…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool stuff. Seems like we all have a lot of missed opportunity in life but God seems to work it out in the end. Thanks for sharing.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home